Unrestricted gifts are among Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s most valuable resources because they allow Lahey the flexibility to fund institutional priorities and meet unforeseen demands. Unrestricted contributions may be used to buy vital new equipment, attract highly qualified staff and expand or refurbish Lahey medical facilities.
Join our monthly or quarterly giving program and invest in Lahey Hospital & Medical Center on a regular basis. To establish a recurring gift, please contact Philanthropy by calling 781.744.3333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit/Debit Card and Check Gifts
Thank you for your interest in supporting Lahey Hospital & Medical Center's mission to advance medical education, research and the delivery of superb patient care. Please consider making a contribution by credit card, debit card or check.
Mail a check gift*, made out to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, to:
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Office of Philanthropy
41 Mall Road
Burlington, MA 01805
*Please indicate your gift designation on the memo line of the check. If you have any questions about making a gift, please call Philanthropy at 781.744.3333.
Securities Gifts - Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Fund Shares
Gifts of securities (individual stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares) can benefit both you and Lahey. A gift of securities can lower your income taxes and avoid capital gains taxation, thus increasing the efficiency of your gift. When you donate long-term appreciated securities to Lahey, you can
- Avoid capital gains taxes.
- Claim the full value of the gift as a charitable deduction.
- Make a larger gift than if you first sold the securities and then gave the net proceeds.
- Support superb health care for your family, friends and community.
- Depreciated securities are those whose value today is actually lower than the original purchase price.
- Sell the stock and give the cash proceeds to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
- Enjoy two deductions, one for the capital loss and the other for the charitable gift.
- Note: Your depreciated stock should not be given directly to Lahey, as you will not be able to take a deduction for the capital loss.
For assistance in making an outright gift of securities (individual stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares) for immediate use, please contact Philanthropy at 781.744.3333. For further information about making a gift of securities to fund a deferred gift instrument, such as a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder annuity trust or unitrust, or a pooled income fund, please visit our Gift Planning Web pages.